Monday, July 5, 2010

New President for 2010

President Benigno Aquino's win did not come as a surprise to many hopefuls like me who believe that the Filipinos or a majority of us still know the difference between water and sand. In Allan Shepard's words (The American President movie), during economic or any trying times in a nation, the people can sometimes be likened as people in the dessert sometimes they can't differentiate the water from sand. I have high hopes and expectations of this term but I am sure that not all would be fulfilled since you have to uproot the roots that have been there already for several years.

The healing will start with the leader like President Aquino and then will affect the rest of his team but not the rest of the local government because it is still a question of the personal will to curb the desire for more.

Being selfless is not easy and thinking of others' welfare is not convenient. I hope that with the new leader of the country, a lot of people can see insight into what being honest and having integrity means. I'm not hoping for a 360 degree turn around of the politics here in the Philippines but I'm just happy to know that after six years, we will see the budget deficit of our country become the lowest again. It is hard to tell if I would be as honest as the Aquinos can be because it is DNA ingrained on them but they give me the hope and they give me inspiration to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment