Monday, August 16, 2010

perfect

In a perfect world, everyone's passions will be cultivated.Everyone's passion will be enough to sustain a good life, a comfortable life.I'm saying this because watching the movie, All About Steve, made me realize that some people just can't pursue their passion because it won't earn a keep.Just like Sandra Bullock who is happy making crossword puzzles,can't get or earn so much respect as she should because she makes crossword puzzles that don't earn much and she is a bit weird as others would describe her,with her red boots, that make her toes feel like happy campers stuck to each other... well that's that..

In memoriam..I remember my grandmother and I honor her, and in my perfect world, she'd still be alive today, because in my perfect wedding day dream, she'd be there.Don't get me wrong,I don't feel bad she had to move on because we all do anyway.It is just that honoring her is like remembering her and all that she had given me, and I am just like the millions of people who still posts obituaries in the broadsheets of people who have been dead 10 years ago commemorating death anniversaries.My grandmother was a simple sewer slash homemaker.She was so simple in life and had very simple joys and a very positive outlook in life, in other words really totally different from me.For all the things she taught me, backstitching including, one that sticks with me and which I hope will not change in me, is that to never lose sight of what is essential ...and she's my Little Prince teacher..She in a sublte way taught me that what is essential is invisible to the naked eye.
and inside my head is a perfect world where she is one of the stars looking down on me.day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment